Search among the research projects registered in Dalarna University's research database.
Research about Culture and Society
We develop knowledge and perspectives that deal with the conditions of human life and social contexts. Through our research, we are better equipped to interpret and explain the complexities of economics, work, democracy, culture, religion, history, audio-visuality and tourism.
- Heritage for the future – narrating abandoned mining sites, Part of: Resource extraction and Arctic communities, Cambridge University Press, 2023. Chapter of book. .
- Swedish Evangelical Mission, Popular Mobilization for Schooling and Egalitarian ideals in Ethiopia 1868–1935, Part of: Narratives of education in times of colonization and decolonization in Africa (1920s – 1970s), Brill Academic Publishers, 2023. Chapter of book. .
- Missionary Sources and African History : The Case of two Swedish Lutheran Missions, Part of: Africa as Method. Sources and Epistemologies in the study of Africa’s past, Springer London, 2023. Chapter of book. .
- Motivational factors for occupational safety and health improvements: A mixed-method study within the Swedish equine sector, Safety Science, 2023, Vol. 159. Article : refereed. .
- Coastal tourism communities in transition : change practices, innovation, and governance for resilient futures, Routledge, 2023. .
- Is Methodological Pluralism Improving Our Ability to Uncover the Causal Mechanisms Behind Men's Violence Against Women?, Partner Abuse, 2023, Vol. 14, No. 1, 59-76. Article : refereed. .
- The role of community trust for compliance with the Swedish COVID-19 immunisation programme, Scandinavian Journal of Public Health, 2023. Article : refereed. .
- Use of public transport as a means to reach national climate objectives - On the importance of accounting for spatial differences and costs, Transport Policy, Transport Policy, 2023, Vol. 131, 56-65. Article : refereed. .
- Decision-making strategies of internationalization under challenging times : Lessons from SMEs, Dalarna University, 2023. Doctoral thesis. .
- Job retention schemes and its effect on working conditions : The case of the hospitality sector in Sweden, 2023. Conference paper : refereed. .