Literatures in Society
The research focuses on the analysis of the interrelationship between literature and societal challenges which often occur in cross-cultural interaction. The group encompasses research in literatures produced in ten different languages.
Forum for Linguistics
This research group is a meeting-point for Dalarna University’s researchers, teachers and doctoral students with an interest in linguistic research with different theoretical and methodological traditions.
Diversity in educational contexts
Language learning and teaching
- Temporalities and Subjectivities in Migration Literature in Europe, Lexington Books, 2024. .
- Muslim Writing, Writing Muslimness in Europe : A Transcultural Literary Approach, Routledge, 2024. .
- “I'll never let myself die in a strange land that doesn’t want me” : A Life Course Approach to the Temporal Subjectivities of Older Migrants in Abdulrazak Gurnah’s The Last Gift, Part of: Temporalities and Subjectivities in Migration Literature in Europe, Lexington Books, 2024. Chapter of book. .
- Introduction: Narratives of Muslim(ness) in Twenty-First Century Europe from a Transcultural Perspective, Part of: Muslim Writing, Writing Muslimness in Europe, Routledge, 2024. Chapter of book. .
- الإنسانوية القصوى ومفهوم الدازاين في فلسفة ألكسندر دوغِن, مثاقفات, 2023, No. 7, 80-89. Article. .
- Risk Discourse and Responsibility, John Benjamins Publishing Company, 2023. .
- “Sleep well in Småland, whether you prefer a castle or a hut” : Persuasion through patterns of you in tourism discourse, 2023. Conference paper : refereed. .
- From Risk and Responsibility to Risk Discourse, Part of: Risk Discourse and Responsibility, John Benjamins Publishing Company, 2023. Chapter of book. .
- "You may feel a few butterflies in your stomach the first time walking out on a frozen lake" : Balancing between positive and negative risk in adventure tourism discourse from "arctic Lapland", 2023. Conference paper : refereed. .
- The supervisor and student in Bachelor thesis supervision : A broad repertoire of sometimes conflicting roles, European Journal of Higher Education, 2023. Article : refereed. .
Dalarna University Applied Linguistics (DUAL) seminar series
DUAL is a seminar series for those interested in Applied Linguistics. Experts in different areas of the field are invited to present their research. We target prominent researchers from different parts of the world to present on current topics.