Welcome to Our Website
Help us improve our website by emailing email@example.com with your thoughts, suggestions, and questions.
The Marketing and Communication Director has head responsiblity for the website. The individual departments, schools, and subjects are responsible for webpage content.
The website has been designed according to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (SCAG) 2.0, level AA.
- Accessibility on du.se
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0
- Official Guidelines for Web Development
Processing of Personal Data
The University processes students' personal data, such as name, personnummer, user ID, contact details, study results, and, in some cases, educational support measures. In our digital systems, information about how you use them and about your computer and mobile phone is collected.
Each time you visit our du.se website, cookies, small text files containing information, are stored on your computer. Cookies are normally used to improve your website experience.
There are various types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies, as well as first-party cookies and third-party cookies.
Session Cookies and Persistent Cookies
- A session cookie is only stored temporarily in your computer’s memory during the time that you are on the webpage. Session cookies expire when you close your browser.
- A persistent cookie (also known as a permanent cookie) remains on your computer for a set time. Persistent cookies are used to store any personal settings, such as language preference.
First-Party Cookies and Third-Party Cookies
A cookie always has a sender, which is a domain name.
- A first-party cookie comes from the domain (website) where you are: in this case, we are talking about www.du.se.
- A third-party cookie comes from another domain than the one you visit.
For the website to work well, we need to keep track of your session. No personal data, such as email address, IP number, name or personnummer, is collected and stored in these cookies. Session cookies remain in your computer until you close the browser.
- __RequestVerificationToken. Used to protect against forgery and to stop unauthorised publication of content. Domain: www.du.se.
- ASP.NET_SessionId. Used so that the website is able to distinguish one user from another user. Domain: www.du.se.
- .ASPXROLES. Used to store the groups that a user is in. Domain: www.du.se.
- JSESSIONID. For the website to work well, we need to keep track of your session. Domain: login.du.se.
- kms_ctamuls. Used on webpages with embedded films using the system Kaltura. Domain: play.learn.du.se
- vuid. Used on webpages with embedded films using Vimeo. Domain: .vimeo.com
- reftracker_595_13. Used on webpages for staff recruitment. Domain: web103.reachmee.com.
- YSC. Used on webpages with embedded YouTube films. Domain: .youtube.com
Persistent (Permanent) Cookies
- ___vizzit. Used for visitor statistics by the web analysis tool Vizzit. Saved for one year. Domain: www.du.se.
- FGTServer. Determines which server to direct the traffic to. Saved for 25 days. Domain: www.du.se.
- .EPiForm_BID. Used when you fill out a form so that tracking can be done of the form you filled in. Saved for three months. Domain: www.du.se.
- .EPiForm_VisitorIdentifier. Used when you send in a form to track which user has sent in which form. Saved for three months. Domain: www.du.se.
- DuSearchHistory. Used on search pages to save the five most recently used search words in the development environment. Saved for six months. Domain: www.du.se.
- MyDuCalendarShowWeek. Used on the calendar webpage to determine whether or not week numbers should be visible. Saved for one year. Domain: www.du.se.
- DuCalendarFormatType. Used on the calendar webpage to show various calendar formats. Saved for one day. Domain: www.du.se.
- ChecklistId. Used on blocks with a tick box to determine whether it has been ticked or not. Saved for 180 days. Domain: www.du.se.
- DuFilterX. Used on search pages to determine which filter is used for a search. Saved for 2 days. Domain: www.du.se.
- DuNewsFormatType. Used on a news page to determine how many posts are to be visible in the news item list. Saved for one day. Domain: www.du.se.
- DuLoginButtonCookie. Used on the student website to determine whether or not a log-in box should be visible. Saved for one year. Domain: www.du.se.
- AWSELBCORS. Used on webpages with forms connected to the SRS system (Student Recruitment System). Saved for 10 minutes. Domain: emg-srs.com/www.emg-srs.com.
- VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE. Used on webpages with embedded YouTube films to determine the bandwidth of the user. Saved for six months. Domain: .youtube.com.
- __cfduid. Used by the system Cloudflare to identify trusted web traffic. Saved for 30 days.
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can stop them by adjusting the security settings of your web browser. You can even set your browser so that you are asked every time a website tries to place a cookie on your computer. On your web browser, you can delete stored cookies: see the help pages of your web browser for more information.
We use Vizzit to collection information about du.se. No personal data is collected, such as email addresses, IP numbers, name, or personnummer.
The purpose with these tools is to gain insight into how our website is used and based on that information, to develop an understanding as to what content our users are looking for and also to improve the user experience by way of, for example, improvements to structure and clearer means of navigation.