Amount of Scholarship
Our scholarships go directly towards a reduction in your tuition fees and will cover between 10 and 50 percent of your total tuition fees. The amount that you are awarded is automatically deducted in set amounts each semester over the duration of your programme.
Scholarships for new students
Tuition fee waivers are only available for studying a Master's degree programme which is offered on-campus. You only need to apply once for your scholarship and you do this before the start of your programme.
- You can now apply online for scholarships for studies that commence in January 2024. Applications are open between September 1st and September 30th.
- Applications for scholarships for the autumn 2024 semester will open on January 1st.
A complete scholarship application has three parts:
- The online scholarship application (only available during the application period)
- A CV/résumé (uploaded to your University Admissions account)
- A video where you explain why you should receive a scholarship
In the video (no more than 60 seconds long), you need to explain why you should be awarded a scholarship from Dalarna University. You will need to upload this video to a website or cloud storage so that it can be viewed by the scholarship committee: include the link to the video in your scholarship application where indicated. We must be able to view the video using only the link provided.
Do not e-mail the video or send any documents directly to Dalarna University. All documents can be uploaded before or during the scholarship application period, which is seperate from the application period for Master Degree studies at UniversityAdmissions.se
You can use any device to create this video. If you are using a laptop with a webcam, then there are many websites that let you easily create a video.
You need to ensure you complete the online application form and upload the above documents by the final dates stated above (i.e., September 30 or March 1, depending on the semester). If you do not submit all documents by the final date, then your application will be considered incomplete and will not be processed.
Selection Process and Scholarship Decisions
The Marketing and Communication Office, together with Programme Directors, will review your scholarship application and decide whether or not you will receive a scholarship.
In our selection process, we focus on your previous academic success, relevant work experience and motivational statement. We give priority to applicants who list Dalarna University as their first choice on universityadmissions.se and who are admitted in the first application round. If you are awarded a scholarship you must complete at least 20 credits in your programme of study each semester in order to continue to be eligible for the scholarship.
Note that there is no age limit for applicants to our partial scholarships and that they are open to fee-paying students only.
We normally select between 3-6 applicants for a partial tuition-fee waiver for the Spring semester and around 40-50 applicants for a partial tuition-fee waiver for the autumn semester.
We make our decision on who will receive a partial scholarship by these dates:
Decision date for spring semester: November 1
Decision date for autumn semester: April 15
Please note that the decision date may change (by a week or so) depending on the number of applicants. You may contact us to enquire about the status of your scholarship award after the decision dates: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following applicants to the Autumn 2023 intake have been awarded a partial scholarship:
Scholarships for enrolled students
Dalarna University offers all students with outstanding academic results a reduction of their tuition fees for continued studies at Dalarna University. In order to qualify for this reduction of tuition fees you:
- Must have studied at least one semester (Master's level) or two semester's (Bachelor's level) within a degree programme at Dalarna University.
- Must be continuing the same degree programme for at least one more semester of full-time study.
- Must have acheived at least 50% results of VG or 5 depending on the grading scale used.
- Must be verified as "outstanding" by the faculty in your programme.
The value of this scholarship is a 10 000 SEK tuition-fee waiver for each remaining semester of full-time studies in the programme you are curently studying. Applications for this scholarship should be made no later than 3 weeks before the start of the new semester. Your programme manager will share a link to the scholarship application if you are finishing your first semester/first year of studies.
Other (Non-DU) Scholarships
- The Swedish Institute offers a limited number of scholarships that cover 100% of tuition fees and living costs for students studying a Master's degree at a Swedish University starting in the autumn intake.
- Students interested in the Master's Programme in Solar Energy Engineering who are citizens of developing countries may qualify for a scholarship offered by the Global Sustainable Electricty Project.