Amount of Scholarship
Our scholarships go directly towards a reduction in your tuition fees and will cover between 10 and 50 percent of your total tuition fees. The amount that you are awarded is automatically deducted in set amounts each semester over the duration of your programme.
Apply for a Scholarship
You only need to apply once for your scholarship and this you do before the start of your programme.
You apply using our online application form: note, this is only open and visible on this webpage during the application period for each semester.
- For spring semester study start, the application period is August 1 to September 30.
- For autumn semester study start, the application period is January 1 to March 31.
In addition to completing the online application form, you will need to upload the following documents to your universityadmissions.se account:
- Reference letter (written by a current/former teacher or employer)
- Motivational Statement (you must use this PDF form)
You need to ensure you complete the online application form and upload the above documents by the final dates stated above (i.e., March 31 / September 30 - depending on the semester). If you do not submit all documents by the deadline, then your application will be considered incomplete and will not be processed.
The Marketing and Communications Office, together with Programme Directors, will review your scholarship application and decide whether or not you will receive a scholarship.
In our selection process, we focus on your previous academic success, references and motivational statement. We give priority to applicants who list Dalarna University as their first choice on universityadmissions.se and who are admitted in the first application round.
Note that there is no age limit for applicants to our partial scholarships and that they are open to fee-paying students only.
We make our decision on who will receive a partial scholarship by these dates:
- Decision date for spring semester: November 15
- Decision date for autumn semester: April 15
Please note that the decision date may change (by a week or so) depending on the number of applicants. You may contact us to enquire about the status of your scholarship award after the decision dates: email@example.com.
Other (Non-DU) Scholarships
- Students interested in the Master's Programme in Solar Energy Engineering who are citizens of developing countries may qualify for a scholarship offered by the Global Sustainable Electricty Project.