The following information applies to non-EU/EEA citizens unless you are applying to Dalarna University through an approved exchange programme.
Are you required to pay an application fee and tuition fee?
First you need to establish if you have to pay fees to study at Dalarna University.
Basically, if you are not a citizen of an EU/EEA country or Switzerland, then you must pay application and tuition fees to study in Sweden: check out this unless one of these conditions listed on universityadmissions.se applies to you.
Why are some students required to pay tuition fees?
The Swedish government ordinance (2010:543) mandates that students who are not a citizen of an EU/EEA country or Switzerland, must pay tuition fees for studying at a higher education institution in Sweden.
How much are the fees?
Tuition fees vary for individual courses, course packages and programmes for a semester of full-time studies (30 credits). Information about tuition fees are available on the respective course/programme webpage. The cost of one-semester full-time studies (30 credits) at Dalarna University is between 43 500 and 70 000 SEK.
- If you are a student who has been admitted to a degree programme of more than 30 credits, you need only pay tuition fees for one semester of full-time studies at a time.
- You will pay extra for any courses that are not part of your programme.
- If you do not complete a course, you may do so at a later date without having to pay additional fees.
- If Dalarna University approves a transfer of credits, this does not automatically mean that you are entitled to a reduced tuition fee for your programme.
- If you are awarded a scholarship (tuition-fee waiver) by Dalarna University, its value will be deducted from the fee.
When must you pay?
You must pay your application fee by the deadline for submitting supporting documents. If you pay after this date, your application will be considered late, and this could affect your admission chances.
If you are a registered student and fail to pay by the deadline, you will be unable to continue your studies until you have paid. You must pay your tuition fees before you can receive a residence permit in Sweden. Also note that your admission to Dalarna University is conditional until you have paid your tuition fees in full.
How do you pay your application fee/tuition fees?
The easiest way to pay your application fee is with a Mastercard/Visa from your universityadmissions.se account. You can also use a bank transfer.
If you have been admitted and are required to pay fees, you should follow the instructions below to submit a payment online via the payment service "Flywire".
What costs do tuition fees cover?
They cover the full cost of study: instruction, lectures, examinations, course and examination certificates. Tuition fees also cover support services such as study counseling, administrative support, and all mandatory study visits off-campus which are a part of your studies. They do not include course literature, accommodation or living expenses.
International Payments (Flywire)
Dalarna University has partnered with Flywire to facilitate the process of international payments.
Flywire allows you to pay securely from any country and any bank, usually in your home currency. By using Flywire, you will save money on bank fees and poor exchange rates. You will also be able to track your payment from start to finish. Throughout the process, Flywire's multilingual customer support team can help you with any questions.
Make Your International Student Payment: Step by Step
Please note that you will need to provide your Application Number, your Personal Code Number and Application Code(s) for the courses for which you are paying. You can find this information on your Notification of Selection Results.
- First, visit the Flywire website and select the country from which funds will be coming and the payment amount in Swedish Kronor (SEK). In most cases, the SEK amount will be converted into your home currency.
- Choose which payment method you want to use.
- Next, you will be asked to provide some additional information.
- Book the transaction: you will receive an email on how to pay Flywire from your home country bank account. You have two business days to make the payment or you will need to initiate a new payment on the Flywire payment portal.
- Flywire then forwards the funds (in SEK) to Dalarna University, where it will be directly registered to your student billing account.
- Flywire will send you an email to confirm receipt of payment for your reference. Please note that Dalarna University does not send any confirmation of payment to applicants.
If you have any questions, you will at any time be able to talk to Flywire's customer service team by chat, Skype, email or phone.
Instructional FlyWire Film
See Flywire's instructional video on how to make international payments using its services: Flywire - How It Works.
The Swedish Migration Agency and Proof of Payment: Tuition Fees
When Dalarna University receives confirmation from Flywire that you have paid your tuition fees in full, an electronic notification of payment is sent to the Swedish Migration Agency. You do not need to send any additional proof to the Swedish Migration Agency that you have paid your tuition fees.
Dalarna University must provide the following details to the Swedish Migration Agency:
- A list of students who must pay tuition fees, and who have been admitted to and have paid tuition fees for programmes/ courses.
- A list of students who have been admitted and who have paid tuition fees but who have not registered in a programme/courses after the final date for registration.
- A list of students who appear to have dropped out of studies after the final date for registration.
Tuition Fee Refunds
Information for students beginning their studies at Dalarna University autumn semester 2020 who request a refund:
There will be no administrative fee charged, regardless of the reason you are requesting a refund.
If your request for a refund is approved, you will receive a refund to the same payment source (bank account, credit card, etc.) from which the original transaction was made.
No refund will be made as a result of the following:
- Academic suspension or expulsion as a disciplinary measure.
- Withdrawals or leaves of absence from a programme/course.
Also note that
- You are not refunded for any part of the programme/course(s) you have already registered to study.
- The University does not pay interest on refunds
Apply for a refund through this form.
Additional information about refunds and application/tuition fees can be found in Dalarna University's policy documents:
Questions regarding tuition fees
Please send your questions about fees and payment to email@example.com.