The University reviews and decides whether or not you will be granted deferment. If you are granted deferment, your place will be open to you the next time the programme begins. It will remain open to you for up to 18 months unless there is reason for a longer period under the condition that the entrance requirements for the programme remain the same and that the programme is still offered.
If you are granted deferment, then the University will immediately send you the decision.
To apply for a deferment, please do the following:
- Accept your place in the programme by the deadline.
- Submit your Application: Deferment of Commencement of Studies form to Dalarna University.
- Include documentation to support your application.
- Reapply at the next opportunity and send a copy of your granted deferment document.
If you are not permitted deferment, then you are able to appeal. You must submit this in writing using this address: Överklagandenämnden för Högskolan (ÖNH), Högskolan Dalarna, 791 88 Falun. Do this within three weeks of receiving the decision.
- Please see the General Administrative Regulations for Students at Dalarna University, section 3, for more detailed information.
Approved Leave from Studies
To apply for a leave from studies, please do the following:
- Complete an Application: Leave from Studies.
- Submit this at the latest by April 15 for the autumn semester and by October 15 for the spring semester.