Theme of the symposium
The theme of the symposium is Language and communication in a digitalised world, which can be interpreted widely. Contributions within applied linguistics that are not directly linked to this theme are also welcome. Apart from regular session presentations, the symposium includes four plenary presentations, a panel discussion and poster presentations.
- Marte Blikstad-Balas, University of Oslo
- Mona Blåsjö, Stockholm University
- Carey Jewett, University College London
- Maiju Strömmer, University of Jyväskylä
Submission of abstracts
Abstracts for conference presentations should be submitted through the symposium’s website. They should be a maximum of 300 words excluding references. The abstract should clearly state the aim, methods, theoretical base and (expetced) results of the study.
The final deadline for submission of abstracts is 15 October 2023.
Presentations can be held in Swedish, Danish, Norwegian or English. The symposium will take place in Falun, Sweden. We also offer the possibility of digital presentations.
- 15 August 2023: Submission of abstracts begins
- 15 October 2023: Final day for submission of abstracts
- 15 December 2023: Decision on abstracts sent by this date
- 15 January 2024: Conference registration begins
- 1 February 2024: Final day for Early Bird registration
- 1 March 2024: Final day for registration
- 18–19 April 2024: ASLA symposium takes place
Boglárka Straszer (chair), Mariya Aida Niendorf, Miguel Garcia-Yeste, Sofia Lindén, Marie Nordmark, Jenny Rosén and Jonathan White
- Boglárka Straszer
- Mariya Aida Niendorf
- Miguel Garcia-Yeste
- Sofia Lindén
- Marie Nordmark
- Jenny Rosén
- Jonathan White
Most visitors coming to the university stay at Scandic Lugnet Falun. This hotel is situated in the very vicinity of the university.
The three remaining hotels in the city are all situated close to the train station. From there, it is about 20 minutes’ walk uphill to the university campus. These hotels are: