The course has no instances planned right now
Learning outcomes for the courseAfter completing the course the students will:
- demonstrate good insight in the mathematics of optimization
- be able to use different optimization methods, such as profit maximization and cost minimization, - be able to interpret concepts such as duality and the envelope theorem.
- be able to use different functions, such as the indirect utility function, the expenditure function and the cost function.
- the first and second welfare theorem
- apply comparative static analysis
- be able to analyse situations and changes in an imperfect market.