You can find all the information about your courses in Learn, which is Dalarna University’s learning management system. You can also submit your assignments and access different forums where you, your teachers and fellow students have discussions, ask questions and receive answers.
Direct link to Learn (log in required)
Zoom: Video Meetings
Zoom is a digital tool you can use to take part in online meetings. Both staff and students can access and use Zoom. In Zoom, you can share your whiteboard and computer screen, and use other programmes – for example, PowerPoint.
Dalarna University has signed a contract with Zoom so that its employees and students can use digital meetings in a more secure Zoom environment. To access Zoom securely, log in using SSO (this stands for Single Sign-on and is an authentication scheme).
Programmes and Student Licences
Dalarna University has licences to software (programmes) that students can install on their computers for study purposes.
Examination formats differ from course to course. You can find what format will be used in your particular course(s) in your course room in Learn.
Information for Students
To take an online examination, you need to:
- Ensure your video and camera are working. If you must scan or take a photo of your examination answers, contact Supportcaféet ahead of your examination for help. Hours of operation are Monday - Thursday 08.00-22.00 and Fridays 08.00-16.00.
- You need Internet connection with at least 2 Mbit/s.
- Headset or other speaker function is needed for communication with an exam host. You also need an external webcam or other equipment, such as another computer. The camera should be positioned so that the exam host can see you, your screen and part of your desk.
- Have wired internet connection for use with your camera equipment. If you plan to use the camera on your mobile phone, you must have another mobile phone visible on your desk that we can reach you on during the examination.
- When you register for an examination, you provide a mobile phone number. You must be available on this number for the duration of the examination.
- You access and submit your examination in Learn. Know how to access your examination in Learn and how to submit it in Learn upon completion.
- You must be in the examination room with valid photo I.D. at the latest 30 minutes before the examination start time. If you have not registered for the examination, then you must be in the examination room 40 minutes before the examination start time.
- If you enter the examination room 5 minutes after the examination start time, then you will not be permitted to take the examination.
- You must be alone in your physical location.
You need to organise your own technical equipment for your web-based studies. In the list below, you can see the equipment we recommend. To be able to participate fully in your online courses, our recommendation is that you use a computer. However, if you do not have a computer, you are able to use a mobile phone, although this is not something we recommend. To test your technical equipment, and to receive advice and support, please contact us at our Support Café (Zoom) or email@example.com.
- Fixed Internet connection (ethernet) with a recommended speed of at least 2 Mbit/s in both directions. You can check what speed you have on Bredbandskollen. We recommend that you do not use a wireless connection or mobile broadband since this can cause problems such as varying and low speeds.
- A PC or MAC with MacOS 10.7 or later version, either a laptop or a desktop computer. We do not recommend Chromebooks, Linux or mobile devices such as tablets or mobile phones.
- Headset with a microphone, preferably with a USB connection. We not recommend headsets of the type Bluetooth or mobile headsets.
- Web camera (not always obligatory in a course – ask your teacher if you are unsure). Note that a standalone web camera is obligatory for online examinations.
Advice for Studying at Home
Many of us are now spending more time at home than we did before. We study from home, we work from home and/or we are in quarantine at home.
Study and Career Counsellors
The University can offer you study and career counselling services.
Language Support offers language services to students to help them with texts in Swedish and English. You can book and receive guidance online.
If you need help understanding and using our digital tools/learning platforms (Zoom, Learn), you can contact our support services by email or telephone. You can also meet us in the Zoom Support Café.
Monday – Thursday 08.00-22.00 and Fridays 08.00-16.00.