I work as a Senior Lecturer in Sociology at Dalarna University since January 2020.
I hold PhD in Sociology, Uppsala University (2012).
research combines sociology of communications and media, cultural
sociology, critical internet studies, social theory and qualitative
methods. I focus on the sociological study of the online processes of
mediation and commercialization of nationhood as well as questions of
digitalization, ICTs usage among older people and digital inclusion. In
my recent work, I explore the notions and meanings of technology
non-use, media refusal and digital disconnection.
- Why Disconnecting Matters? Towards a Critical Research Agenda on Online Disconnection, Ingår i: Reckoning with Social Media, Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, 2021. Kapitel av bok. .
- Poland: why is a new media law prompting street protests and outrage from the US?, 2021. .
- The waves that sweep away : older Internet non- and seldom-users’ experiences of new technologies and digitalization, Ingår i: Making Time for Digital Lives, Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, 2020. Kapitel av bok. .
- Slow Side of the Divide?Older ICT Non- and Seldom-Users Discussing Social Acceleration and Social Change, Digital Culture & Society, 2019, Vol. 5, No. 1, 85-104. Artikel : refereegranskat. .
- Digital Mourning Labor: : Corporate Use of Dead Celebrities on Social Media, Ingår i: Death Matters, Palgrave Macmillan, 2019. Kapitel av bok. .