The course has no offerings planned right now
Learning outcomes for the course
On completion of the course, students shall be able to:
- Describe relevant scientific theories and research associated with mathematical problem-solving.
- Communicate mathematical thought and reasoning in written and spoken form, and through the use of symbols, pictures, diagrams and action.
- Use different mathematical forms of expression and ideas in association with mathematical problem-solving.
- Demonstrate the ability to creatively produce, formulate and solve mathematical problems that have no given solution.
- Interpret and critically analyse pupls’ solutions to mathematical problems in order to gain an understanding of the pupils’ development of mathematical knowledge.
- Analyse in a scientific manner the teaching of mathematics through mathematical problem-solving.