Main field of study: Energy Technology
The course has no offerings planned right now
Learning outcomes for the course
The objective of the course is for the students to be able to apply in depth knowledge from the field of energy technology with focus on energy efficiency in the built environment by completing a thesis project related to industrial development or academic research.
The student shall, upon completion of the course, be able to:
- demonstrate the ability to identify and formulate issues independently, and to plan and complete a project using suitable methods within the given timeframe;
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of energy- efficiency engineering, including both an overview of the subject and deeper knowledge of selected parts of the field as well as insight into current research and development in the field;
- demonstrate advanced methodological knowledge in the main subject area of the programme;
- demonstrate an ability to integrate knowledge and to analyse, assess and work with complex phenomena, issues and situations even with limited information;
- demonstrate the ability to identify the need for further knowledge and to take responsibility for their own continuous learning;
- demonstrate the ability to present and discuss their conclusions and the underlying arguments both orally and in writing.