- Study at Dalarna University
Starts week 13, 2022
After completing this course, students shall be able to:
- demonstrate in-depth knowledge and understanding in a specific sub field of Political Science, including insights into its current state of the art, applications and suitable methods
- demonstrate the ability to independently identify and formulate a research problem in Political Science integrate and evaluate complex phenomena and questions related to the research problem; and moreover plan and with suitable methods, complete a small-scale but qualified research assignment
- defend their own thesis and critically review the thesis of another student in terms of scientific skill, substance and structure and, in the role of reviewer, lead a critical discussion with the respondent
- demonstrate the ability to identify limitations in their own conclusions and identify a continued need for knowledge within the investigated sub-field
- demonstrate the ability to make judgements within the sub-field with considerations to relevant scientific, societal and ethical aspects, and demonstrate an awareness of ethical aspects in the research process.
- Starts and ends:
- wk13, 2022 - wk22, 2022
- Study Rate:
- Flexible (Falun)
- Time of Day:
- Teaching form:
- P: Course only offered as part of programme.
- Entry Qualifications:
- A minimum of 180 credits on first cycle, including 90 credits in Political Science, Sociology, International Relations, Human Rights or Peace and Conflict Studies, or equivalent knowledge, including a minimum of 7,5 credits research method with a focus on Social Science and English B/6 from Swedish Upper Secondary School. In addition a minimum of 30 credits on second cycle in Political Science, Sociology, International Relations, Human Rights or Peace and Conflict Studies, or equivalent knowledge
- Application Code:
- Main field of study:
- Compulsory meetings:
- 0 physical
- 6 online
- Computer Skills:
Surf on the Internet, read and send emails, use a word-processing programme (e.g. Word). Connect a camera and headphones to the computer and install a programme using instructions.
- Computer Capacity:
Access to a computer (Not a mini pc, tablet or similar) that is not older than three years (or equivalent) and broadband connection, at least 1 Mbit/s (not mobile broadband, because mobile broadband can vary considerably in speed).
- Means of Education:
Higher rate of web-based communication where our learning platform (Learn) is a natural element of the course. Web-based meetings with sound and image where simple presentations can be held. Lectures can be broadcast live or can alternatively be made available afterwards online.
- First Tuition Fee Installment:
- 21,750 SEK
- Total Tuition Fee:
- 21,750 SEK
Information on application and tuition fees: www.universityadmissions.se.