- Study at Dalarna University
Starts week 45, 2022
The course introduces the relational database concept and system theory, design methods for developing database systems. Why databases are used in companies, authorities and organizations is also covered.
The course deals with key concepts in the field of Data Warehousing (DW) and the general architecture of of data warehouses. Furthermore, various types of data models are treated, e.g. Dimensional Data store accordingto the Kimboll model, and Normalized Data Store according to the Immon model. The course also addresses terminology as ETL processes, OLAP (Online Analytical Processing), Data Mart, Data Lake, operational databases and common data sources.
- Starts and ends:
- wk45, 2022 - wk2, 2023
- Study Rate:
- Time of Day:
- Teaching form:
- P: Course only offered as part of programme.
- Entry Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Science or Informatics comprising at least 180 credits and English 6
- Fundamentals of programming 7,5 credits
- Application Code:
- Main field of study:
- First Tuition Fee Installment:
- 16,875 SEK
- Total Tuition Fee:
- 16,875 SEK
Information on application and tuition fees: www.universityadmissions.se.