I am a lecturer in English, docent in English literature with specialisation in literature education (litteraturdidaktik) and Pro-Dean of the University Faculty Board.
My research focuses on literary study as an educational project. I am particularly interested in subject conceptions, knowledge mediation as well as the value and legitimacy of literary study in English. I have explored these questions in relation mainly to general academic English courses and teacher education courses, and also to compulsory and upper secondary curricula in Sweden. I have also published work in the area of literary criticism, with a special focus on contemporary Anglo-American literature and the literary representation of identity. I am a founding member of the Nordic scholarly association Literature Education Network (Litteraturdidaktiskt Nätverk, https://ju.se/forskning/forskningsinriktningar/litteraturdidaktiskt-natverk.html) and a member of the editorial board for the Nordic Journal of English Studies.
My teaching has covered various areas of English studies, mainly contemporary English-language literature and culture, literary history, children’s literature, literary theory, BA and MA thesis supervision, and to some extent also academic writing and English for specific purposes. The courses I have taught have been both general English courses and English courses in primary teacher education and in secondary and upper secondary teacher education. In 2017, I was awarded the distinction Scholar of Teaching (Excellent lärare).
I am a former member and chair of the Faculty Board for Humanities at Dalarna University (2013-2020). I have assessed several programmes of study, in internal, mainly, but also in external, collegial evaluations. Since 2017, I am also the Dalarna University representative in the national collaborative project Humtank, sponsored by the humanities faculties at 15 Swedish universities and university colleges (http://humtank.se/).
- Literary scholar, teacher educator? : English staff profiles and attitudes to teacher education, Nordic Journal of English Studies, 2021. Artikel : refereegranskat. .
- The Relevance of English Literary Study in Primary Teacher Education : A Swedish Syllabus Review, 2021. Artikel : refereegranskat. .
- Litteraturstudiers plats i det akademiska engelskämnet, Ingår i: Litteraturdidaktik, Natur och kultur, 2020. Kapitel av bok. .
- The Value of Studying Literature : A Review of the English Higher Education Curriculum in Sweden, Nordic Journal of English Studies, 2020, Vol. 19, No. 1, 257-298. Artikel : refereegranskat. .
- What Are Literary Studies For? : A Review of English Teacher Education in Sweden, Educare - Vetenskapliga skrifter, 2020, Vol. 3, 110-157. Artikel : refereegranskat. .