I am a lecturer in English, docent in English literature with specialisation in literature education (litteraturdidaktik) and Pro-Dean of the University Faculty Board.
My research focuses on literary study as an educational project. I am particularly interested in subject conceptions, knowledge mediation as well as the value and legitimacy of literary study in English. I have explored these questions in relation mainly to general academic English courses and teacher education courses, and also to compulsory and upper secondary curricula in Sweden. I have also published work in the area of literary criticism, with a special focus on contemporary Anglo-American literature and the literary representation of identity. I am a founding member of the Nordic scholarly association Literature Education Network (Litteraturdidaktiskt Nätverk, https://ju.se/forskning/forskningsinriktningar/litteraturdidaktiskt-natverk.html) and a member of the editorial board for the Nordic Journal of English Studies.
My teaching has covered various areas of English studies, mainly contemporary English-language literature and culture, literary history, children’s literature, literary theory, BA and MA thesis supervision, and to some extent also academic writing and English for specific purposes. The courses I have taught have been both general English courses and English courses in primary teacher education and in secondary and upper secondary teacher education. In 2017, I was awarded the distinction Scholar of Teaching (Excellent lärare).
I am a former member and chair of the Faculty Board for Humanities at Dalarna University (2013-2020). I have assessed several programmes of study, in internal, mainly, but also in external, collegial evaluations. Since 2017, I am also the Dalarna University representative in the national collaborative project Humtank, sponsored by the humanities faculties at 15 Swedish universities and university colleges (http://humtank.se/).
- Tema: Litteraturdidaktik – Litteraturstudiers relevans för skola och samhälle, Utbildning och Lärande / Education and Learning, 2021, Vol. 15, No. 2, 5-9. Artikel. .
- Humaniora i skolan : De humanistiska ämnenas plats och villkor i den svenska gymnasieskolan och i grundskolans högre år, Humtank, 2021. Rapport. .
- Literary scholar, teacher educator? : English staff profiles and attitudes to teacher education, Nordic Journal of English Studies, 2021, Vol. 2, 59-98. Artikel : refereegranskat. .
- Why study literature in English? A syllabus review of Swedish primary teacher education, Utbildning och Lärande / Education and Learning, 2021, Vol. 15, No. 2, 85-110. Artikel : refereegranskat. .
- Video Assignments, Ingår i: Designing Courses with Digital Technologies, Routledge, 2021. Kapitel av bok. .