On successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- demonstrate basic knowledge of the differences and similarities between Chinese and Indo-European languages in general and the Swedish language in particular
- describe and explain the basic structures of the Chinese language and its building blocks using grammatical terminology
- apply knowledge of Chinese language structure by producing idiomatic sentences
- write and translate short coherent texts with simple content in Chinese.
The course consists of exercises in grammatical analysis, training of different sentence patterns and translation of simple texts from and into Chinese. The students expand and build on their previous knowledge of the basics in modern Chinese grammar.
The student is assessed through active participation in seminars, written assignments and a written examination.
Forms of Study
Swedish, English and Chinese are used as the languages of instruction in obligatory seminars that include exercises in spoken language.
The Swedish grades U - VG
- A minimum of 30 credits in Chinese at undergraduate level, or equivalent knowledge.
Web-based courses require that students can communicate with audio and video via a computer or equivalent equipment.