Study at Dalarna University
- Find Course Syllabuses
- Find Programme Syllabuses
- Programmes, Courses and Course Packages
- New Students
- Education System
- Outbound Exchange Studies and Traineeships
- Study Tools
- International Students: Application and Admission Information
- Incoming Exchange Students: Application/Nomination Process for Studies
Starts week 4, 2021
After completing the course, postgraduate students shall be able to:
• evaluate the choice of study designs and methods of data generation based on different research traditions and theories, and the nature of different research questions,
• evaluate and critically review methods for generating quantitative as well as qualitative data,
• discuss and critically review different forms of analyses of both quantitative as well as qualitative data,
• conduct and critically review examples of data generation methods relevant to their own dissertation projects,
• evaluate the validity and reliability, credibility and authenticity of study designs that can be related to various scientific research traditions,
• argue for their own choice of study design for their dissertation project as well as for the choice of others, both in writing and orally, adopting a scientific approach.
- Starts and ends:
- wk4, 2021 - wk13, 2021
- Study Rate:
- Flexible (Falun)
- Time of Day:
- Teaching form:
- Entry Qualifications:
- (Applicants must meet the) General entry requirements for postgraduate studies.
- Application Code:
- Computer Skills:
Surf on the Internet, read and send emails, make use of a word-processing programme (e.g. Word).
- Computer Capacity:
Access to a computer (Not a mini pc, tablet or similar) with broadband connection, at least 0.5 Mbit/s both directions.
- Means of Education:
Various communication, e.g. e-mail, and use of basic functions in our learning platform (Learn), such as finding information and being able to submit files.