Main field of study: Religious Studies
The course has no offerings planned right now
Learning outcomes for the courseAfter the course the student should be able to:
- express deep knowledge of varying relationships between Human Rights issues, religions, and local traditions in Africa south of the Sahara, and the ability to convey this knowledge to various persons and groups
- critically and independently analyze theories of Human Rights and democracy and their relevance for different societies in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- articulate and consider hypothetical developments in the area of Human Rights and democracy in some Sub-Saharan contexts
- show respect for the equal value of all human beings as well as for different cultural and religious traditions while relating them to Human Rights issues
- evaluate one’s own learning process.