Researchgate profile: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Thomas_Sedelius
Academic degrees and titles
Professor of Political Science, Dalarna University, 2018/04/01--
Associate Professor (docent) in Political Science, Dalarna University, 2012/06/01
PhD in Political Science, Örebro University, 2006/06/21
Master in Politics, Örebro University, 2000/10
Research areas: comparative politics, democratisation, political institutions, Central and Eastern Europe, presidentialism, parliamentarism, semi-presidentialism, presidents, prime ministers, political parties.
Teaching: comparative politics, thesis supervision, social science methods, international relations, democratization, and more. About 6000 hours of teaching at different courses and levels (2000--).
PhD-supervision: Jenny Åberg (main supervisor 2015-), Veronica De Majo (co-supervisor, 2011-), Eva Hämberg (main supervisor, PhD 2017), Erik Lundberg (co-supervisor, PhD 2014).
Grants and awards:
2015: East European Politics Prize 2013, (Best article award 2013)
2014: Swedish Research Council (VR): 5.7 MSEK, “Semi-Presidentialism and Governability in Transitional Regimes” (project leader, main applicant))
2012: Forte 2.9 MSEK, ”Social tillsyn i teori och praktik” (co-applicant)
2006: Swedish Research Council (VR): 3.4 MSEK “The Dynamics of Hybrid Regimes” (co-applicant)
Commission of trust 2010- :
2017-2020: Member of the Dalarna University Board
2010-14, 2017-: Head Representative [Ämnesföreträdare] of Political Science Department, DU
2017-: Vice Research Director [bitr. forskningsledare] for the Research Profile Intercultural Studies (ISTUD), DU
2015-: Steering Committe Member of the ECPR SG on Presidential Politics
2014-15: Faculty Dean, DU
2012-14: Faculty vice Dean, DU
- Semi-Presidential Policy-Making in Europe : Executive Coordination and Political Leadeship, Palgrave Macmillan, 2020. Book. .
- Presidents and Cabinets : Coordinating Executive Leadership in Premier-Presidential Regimes, Political Studies Review, 2019. Article : refereed. .
- Semi-Presidential Systems, Oxford Bibliographies, 2019. .
- Semi-Presidentialism and Governability in Transitional Regimes : Final Project Report, 2019. Report. .
- A Structured Review of Semi-Presidential Studies : Debates, Results, and Missing Pieces, British Journal of Political Science, 2018. Article : refereed. .