The overall aim of the course is to introduce students to the Swedish language. After completion of the course, the students should be able to
- apply their elementary perceptual and productive skills in Swedish in simple, predictable situations
- understand and use the basic principles of pronunciation in Swedish
- command fundamental Swedish vocabulary
- apply elementary knowledge of Swedish grammar structure in practice
- convey a message in an uncomplicated communication situation
- reflect on his/her own language learning
- ask simple questions
The course is communication-oriented with some basic linguistic concepts, focusing on the university environment and the society outside. The course gives a general view of basic Swedish vocabulary, its elementary morphology and syntax. Furthermore, the distinctive features of the Swedish prosody are brought up and the pronunciation is practiced during the course. The students are given opportunities to practice perceptual and productive activities/strategies, for example telling about themselves and writing short texts. The course contains some information on Swedish culture, such as Swedish customs and traditions.
Assessment is based on active participation in classes, assignments throughout the course as well as a final written and oral exam.
Forms of Study
Instruction will be conducted in Swedish and English alternatively in the form of lectures, seminars and exercises.
The Swedish grades U–VG.
- General entry requirements and English 6
The course is for Erasmus students.
For web-based course the student must have the means to communicate with sound and image through a computer or the equivalent.