On successful completion of the course, students shall be able to:
- communicate with simple sentences in modern Chinese
- speak with ease and intelligible pronunciation at the basic level
- follow a conversation at this level without great difficulty
- deal with a number of cultural codes that occur in daily situations.
The course comprises five parts, that build on each other. Within the course students work with pre-planned and spontaneous practical activities: role play, interviews, practice dialogues, short speeches and different listening exercises. The course is primarily designed to develop oral and listening proficiency, but may also include some writing exercises.
The students are examined continuously through the assessment of active participation in seminars and assignments as well as through a final oral examination.
Forms of Study
Chinese is used as the language of instruction, with English or Swedish as a support language. Teaching is done in the form of class and group activities.
The Swedish grades U–VG.
To get the grade of VG for the whole course, VG is required for at least 4.5 credits, including module 5.
Reporting of grades:
Module 1: Oral proficiency, part 1 - 1.5 cr
Module 2: Oral proficiency, part 2 - 1.5 cr
Module 3: Oral proficiency, part 3 - 1.5 cr
Module 4: Oral proficiency, part 4 - 1.5 cr
Module 5: Oral examination - 1.5 cr
- General entry requirements and English 6. No knowledge of Swedish is required