This course aims to strengthen and further develop students’ Chinese proficiency in the four areas of speaking, listening, reading and writing, and help students acquire a good understanding of Chinese society and culture. On successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- communicate with native speakers of Chinese on a variety of more advanced topics such as education, sports, and environment etc.
- read and and comprehend short authentic Chinese texts
- compose short essays about topics such as education, sports, and environment, and provide arguments in support of their opinions
- display a command of more advanced vocabulary including some of the most common idiomatic expressions
- handle more complicated sentence structures.
In order to fulfill the aims of the course, the students work continuously with all the different aspects of the language. The course consists of four essential parts: reading comprehension, grammar analysis, oral practice and writing. Activities include oral training, quizzes and organized oral discussions.
The course uses continuous assessment of students‘ oral and written performance. There is also a final written examination and an oral presentation.
Forms of Study
Chinese is used as the language of tuition, supported by English or Swedish. Teaching is done in the form of seminars, group work and different individual activities.
- A minimum of 90 cr in Chinese at undergraduate level, or equivalent knowledge.
13-08-01 (literature list removed)
13-11-04 (main field added)