On completion of the course, students shall be able to:
- use, both orally and in writing, basic grammatical concepts to describe Italian language usage from several perspectives such as diachronic, diatopic, diaphasic and contrastive
- master a fundamental Italian vocabulary both actively and passively
- apply central aspects of written Italian language norms
- apply basic Italian morphology and syntax in their own production and in written exercises
- explain the specific features that mark the different types of functional writing and apply these in their own writing.
Forms of Study
To achieve the grade of VG in the whole course, students must achieve a VG in modules 1 and 3.
Reporting of grades:
Module 1: Active participation in seminars - 2 cr
Module 2: Written production - 2.5 cr
Module 3: Final written exam - 3 cr
- General entrance requirements and Italian B/Italian 3 at Swedish upper secondary school, or equivalent knowledge. No knowledge of Swedish and English is required.
Teaching is web-based through the use of a learning platform and digital tools. Students require access to a computer with sound card and network connection, a headset with microphone and headphones, as well as a webcam.
This course replaces IT1025.