The overall aim of the course is to introduce students to the Swedish language. On completion of the course, students will be able to:
- apply their elementary perceptual and productive skills in Swedish in simple, predictable situations
- use basic principles of pronunciation in Swedish in a satisfactory way
- master elementary basic Swedish vocabulary
- demonstrate ability to apply Swedish elementary grammar structure
- convey a message in an uncomplicated communication situation, in speech and writing
- reflect on their own language learning
- ask simple questions in simple Swedish.
The course is communication-oriented with some basic linguistic concepts, focusing on the university environment and the society outside. The course gives a general view of basic Swedish vocabulary, its elementary morphology and syntax. Furthermore, the distinctive features of the Swedish prosody are brought up and the pronunciation is practiced during the course. The students are given opportunities to practice perceptual and productive abilities, for example by participating in a simple conversation and write short texts. The course contains some information on Swedish culture, such as Swedish customs and traditions.
- Active participation in seminars
- Oral presentations
- Written assignments
- Written examination
Forms of Study
Lectures, seminars and exercises. The languages of instruction are Swedish and English.
The Swedish grades U–VG.Reporting of grades:
- Seminars, Presentations, Assignments, Written Examination - 7,5 hp
- General entry requirements and English 6
This course is for Erasmus students.
Replaces course code SS1060.