On passing the course the students will be able to
- demonstrate basic knowledge of current theories of language acquisition
- reflect on their own language learning
- apply basic presentation techniques
- prepare, lead and evaluate a discussion of chosen parts of the course literature
- discuss and reflect on the course content orally and in writing
- demonstrate language proficiency by applying basic English grammar and writing rules.
The first part of the course includes the study of theories of language learning which are discussed in the seminars. The course also deals with the development of awareness about what it means to learn a foreign language. The course also covers how the ability to use language can be developed as well as how favourable conditions for learning can be created.
The students are assessed through oral and written assignments.
Forms of Study
Teaching takes the form of a few lectures but mainly seminars, where students are expected to participate actively. All teaching is conducted in English.
The Swedish grades U - VG
- General entrance requirements (including English B/English 6 at Swedish upper secondary school) or equivalent knowledge. No knowledge of Swedish is required.