This is a course on industrial scale heat production and distribution mainly concerning bioenergy, district heating, different types of heating plants, the technology and calculations of distribution and use. After completion of the course the student shall be able to:
- Describe types and technologies of commonly occurring bioenergy their treatment, properties and environmental impact mainly for heat production
- Describe types and technologies of commonly occurring heat plants, combined heat and power plants and the use of waste heat.
- Describe types and technologies of commonly occurring heat distribution systems, technical solutions and important system parameters
- Analyze, solve and evaluate results of problem based on real scenarios regarding heat production and distribution using mathematical methods based on natural science
The course also includes district heating, from heat plants, through distribution to the heat exchanger at the user. Study of the district heating system´s role in taking advantage of waste heat and how parameters in the system effects the efficiency, also combining heat and power generation. Further different components will be studied, calculations regarding power and energy demand, losses and dimensioning. The course will give a good knowledge in district heating, function and it´s role in society.
Home assignment (2p)
Written examination (5p)
Forms of Study
The Swedish grades U, 3, 4, 5.
Laboration and home asignment U-G
Den skriftliga tentamen styr slutbetyget på kursen.
- Thermodynamics, 7,5 credits