The overall aim of the course is for the student to understand the procedures and processes of complicated pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum care. The student shall be able to conduct examinations and provide treatments related to these processes in simulation-based training based on research and midwifery scope of practice.
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- perform examinations and treatment in pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period in simulation-based training
- reflect critically on the midwife´s role and responsibilities in relation to pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period, including neonatal care
- explain and reflect on health concepts regarding complicated pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum period including neonatal care
- analyze and reflect on management related to pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum care within midwifery scope of practice
- understand and explain how pharmacological treatments and
other interventions can influence pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period.
Forms of Study
Number of credits:
- Individual take home examination, 3 credits
- Seminar, 1.5 credits
- Simulation based training, 1.5 credits
- A Swedish nursing licence, and a completed Bachelor‘s degree in any major in the health sciences and Thesis 15 credits