The course has no instances planned right now
Learning outcomes for the course
After completed course the doctoral student should be able to:
- demonstrate familiarity with two selected main types of academic writing, the doctoral thesis and the research article
- demonstrate knowledge of genre analysis with respect to the communicative functions and the organization of key elements of research writing in Educational Work and other neighboring areas of research
- analyze the structure and rhetorical features of a spoken conference presentation, as well as to plan and give their own spoken presentation
- critically evaluate the scholarly work of others by pointing out strengths as well as weaknesses in the form of constructive response
- communicate ideas, develop arguments and discuss academic work, showing a high level of communicative competence in both written and spoken academic English.