Main field of study: Energy Technology
The course has no offerings planned right now
Learning outcomes for the course
The overall goal of the course is that the student shall achieve the ability to independently and creatively identify and evaluate different energy conservation measures for a building through systematic analysis and simulation of the building’s energy performance.
Upon completion of the course, the student shall be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge of current research and development work within the field of energy efficiency of buildings
- model and simulate a building’s energy performance with simulation software
- gain insight into renovation and energy optimization from the perspective of sustainable development
- simulate a building’s energy model and analyse several energy-efficiency measures in the model to obtain the best energy conservation scenario
- discuss the advantages and disadvantages of energy efficient building concepts.