Main field of study: African Studies
The course has no instances planned right now
Learning outcomes for the courseOn completion of the course the student shall be able to:
- demonstrate in-depth knowledge within one of the areas that exists in African Studies including advanced knowledge of relevant methodology and theory, as well as insights into current research of the chosen area
- show the ability and skills needed to develop a research question and then independently search for, collect, evaluate and critically interpret and analyze relevant information
- conduct an independent scientific study, characterized by a connection to relevant and current research; by a competent application of method and theory; and by a strong argumentative drive based on thoroughly carried out analyses within a set timeframe
- present and argue for, both orally and in writing, his or her own results as well as the knowledge and argumentation which form the basis for the conclusions, while showing a high level of communicative competence
- analyze and discuss the scholarly work of others by pointing out strengths as well as weaknesses in the form of constructive response.