Starts week 3, 2023
On completion of the course, students shall be able to:
- discuss, from a theoretical and critically based perspective, political, cultural and ethical questions of relevance for contemporary African societies, reflected through literature from parts of Africa where Arabic is spoken and parts where European languages are spoken
- argue in a clear and well-founded manner for their own analysis of literary depictions of African societies
- describe and evaluate the analyses of others of literary depictions of African societies
- critically reflect on key themes in literary depictions of African societies.
- Starts and ends:
- week 3, 2023 - week 12, 2023
- Study Rate:
- Flexible (Falun)
- Time of Day:
- Teaching form:
- Entry Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree of 180 credits in the field of Humanities, Social Sciences or Education and English 6. No knowledge of Swedish is required.
- Application Code:
- Main field of study:
- Compulsory meetings:
- 0 physical
- 5 online
- Computer Skills:
Surf on the Internet, read and send emails, use a word-processing programme (e.g. Word). Plug in peripherals to your computer, install programmes and adapt installations for your computer.
- Computer Capacity:
Access to a computer (Not a mini pc, tablet or similar) that is not older than three years (or equivalent) and broadband connection, at least 1 Mbit/s (not mobile broadband, because mobile broadband can vary considerably in speed).
- Means of Education:
Higher rate of web-based communication where our learning platform (Learn) is a natural element of the course. Web-based meetings with sound and image where simple presentations can be held. Lectures can be broadcast live or can alternatively be made available afterwards online.
- First Tuition Fee Installment:
- 10,875 SEK
- Total Tuition Fee:
- 10,875 SEK
Information on application and tuition fees: www.universityadmissions.se.