Successful rehabilitation requires close cooperation between several parties. When it comes to rehabilitation, both you and your immediate manager have certain obligations and responsibilities.
- Report sick on the first day of your sick leave.
- Provide your immediate manager with information that will help them assess your rehabilitation needs.
- Participate actively in the planning and implementation of your own rehabilitation.
- Keep in touch with the workplace during your period of sick leave.
Your Immediate Manager’s Responsibility
- Review your rehabilitation needs.
- Plan and implement rehabilitation and adaptation measures in consultation with you.
- Keep in touch with you and invite you to visit the workplace throughout the period of your sick leave.
- Document all meetings that take place and measures that are put in place during your rehabilitation process.
Responsibility of Others
- The Office of Human Resources can support you and your immediate manager throughout the rehabilitation process. They can also look at various alternatives if it is not possible for you to return to work.
- Occupational health care services (företagshälsovården) provide experts on work-related ill health and work environment issues. For example, they can suggest workplace modifications and adjustments.
- The role of Försäkringskassan is to coordinate and supervise what is needed for your rehabilitation: for example, assessing your work ability, rehabilitation needs and right to compensation.
- Your union can, if you would like, provide you with support during the rehabilitation process.