Personlig presentation av Kerstin Erlandsson
In 2007, I got my Ph.D at the Karolinska Institute, Sweden. The thesis was entitled, Care of the newborn infant during maternal-infant separation. The father as primary caregiver immediately after birth and the mother's experiences of separation and later reunion with the infant.
In 2011 I became Associate Professor at Mälardalen University, after studying parents and siblings situation after the loss of a stillborn child. In 2013 doctoral student Pernilla Avelin presented her thesis, Stillbirth – a loss for the whole family. I was one of the supervisors of Pernilla and have one other doctoral student.
2012 to 2014 I worked with UNFPA as Technical Specialist Midwife in Nepal and today I work as a senior lecturer at the midwifery education, Dalarna University-, and with a web based master program in Sexual and Reproductive Health in Somaliland; A SIDA funded project and collaboration between Dalarna- Hargeisa- and Amod Universities.
Since 2003 I have been a lecturer and from 2008 senior lecturer. I started my long carrier as a midwife in Somaliain 1985.
- Findings from a context specific accreditation assessment at 38 public midwifery education institutions in Bangladesh, Women and Birth, 2020. Article : refereed. .
- Health workforce perspectives of barriers inhibiting the provision of quality care in Nepal and Somalia : A qualitative study, Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare, 2020, Vol. 23. Article : refereed. .
- Implementation of a context-specific accreditation assessment tool for affirming quality midwifery education in Bangladesh : a qualitative research study, Global Health Action, 2020, Vol. 13, No. 1. Article : refereed. .
- Health care provider's perspectives on the content and structure of a culturally tailored antenatal care programme to expectant parents and family members in Nepal, Journal of Asian Midwives, 2020, Vol. 7, No. 1, 23-44. Article : refereed. .
- Build professional competence and equip with strategies to empower midwifery students - An interview study evaluating a simulation-based learning course for midwifery educators in Bangladesh., Nurse Education in Practice, 2019, Vol. 35, 27-31. Article : refereed. .
Implementing Strategies for Quality Improvements in Health Care Settings (ASR24X)
Leadership and Management within Health Care Systems (ASR25U)
Research Methods in Global Sexual, Reproductive Health (ASR24W)
Scholarly Project Completion in Sexual, Reproductive and Perinatal Health (ASR22N)
Thesis for Master Degree in Sexual, Reproductive and Perinatal Health (SR3007)
Thesis: Sexual, Reproductive and Perinatal Health (ASR25V)