In 2007, I got my Ph.D at the Karolinska Institute, Sweden. The thesis was entitled, Care of the newborn infant during maternal-infant separation. The father as primary caregiver immediately after birth and the mother's experiences of separation and later reunion with the infant.
In 2011 I became Associate Professor at Mälardalen University, after studying parents and siblings situation after the loss of a stillborn child. In 2013 doctoral student Pernilla Avelin presented her thesis, Stillbirth – a loss for the whole family. I was one of the supervisors of Pernilla and have one other doctoral student.
2012 to 2014 I worked with UNFPA as Technical Specialist Midwife in Nepal and today I work as a senior lecturer at the midwifery education, Dalarna University-, and with a web based master program in Sexual and Reproductive Health in Somaliland; A SIDA funded project and collaboration between Dalarna- Hargeisa- and Amod Universities.
Since 2003 I have been a lecturer and from 2008 senior lecturer. I started my long carrier as a midwife in Somaliain 1985.
- Findings from a context specific accreditation assessment at 38 public midwifery education institutions in Bangladesh, Women and Birth, 2020. Article : refereed. .
- Health workforce perspectives of barriers inhibiting the provision of quality care in Nepal and Somalia : A qualitative study, Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare, 2020, Vol. 23. Article : refereed. .
- Implementation of a context-specific accreditation assessment tool for affirming quality midwifery education in Bangladesh : a qualitative research study, Global Health Action, 2020, Vol. 13, No. 1. Article : refereed. .
- Health care provider's perspectives on the content and structure of a culturally tailored antenatal care programme to expectant parents and family members in Nepal, Journal of Asian Midwives, 2020, Vol. 7, No. 1, 23-44. Article : refereed. .
- Build professional competence and equip with strategies to empower midwifery students - An interview study evaluating a simulation-based learning course for midwifery educators in Bangladesh., Nurse Education in Practice, 2019, Vol. 35, 27-31. Article : refereed. .
Research Methods in Global Sexual, Reproductive Health (ASR24W)
Scholarly Project Completion in Sexual, Reproductive and Perinatal Health (ASR22N)
Thesis for Master Degree in Sexual, Reproductive and Perinatal Health (SR3007)