I am a Paediatric nurse, Professor in Paediatic Nursing, and employed as a Senior Lecturer at the School of Education, Health and Social Studies. I am the leader for the research centre Reproductive, Infant and Child Health (RICH) and I am the Director for Postgraduate Studies at Dalarna University. I completed my PhD in 2007 at the Department for Women’s and Children’s Health, Uppsala University, with the thesis Breastfeeding and Becoming a Mother – Influences and Experiences of Mothers of Preterm Infants. I did postdoctoral studies 2009-2010 at Maternal and Infant Nutrition and Nurture Unit (MAINN) at University of Central Lancashire, UK. In 2010-2014 I was the coordinator for the research network Separation and Closeness Experiences in the Neonatal Environment (SCENE), in which I am still in the Steering group. Main research areas: Breastfeeding/feeding and parenting in families with preterm infants focusing on emotional and relational aspects. Some of the current projects I am involved in concern: effects of support to families of preterm infants during and after hospitalization; experiences of emotional closeness in neonatal units; and adolescents’ health. I have six PhD students at present.
A meta-ethnographic study of facilitators for positive breastfeeding experiences and the needs for breastfeeding support in mothers of preterm and/or LBW infants
Health from an adolescent perspective
Parental stress during the first year and needs for support in parents whose infants have needed neonatal care
Parental support in neonatal units in Sweden
Parenthood After Neonatal Care - PANC
- Associations Between Single-Family Room Care and Breastfeeding Rates in Preterm Infants, Journal of Human Lactation, 2020. Article : refereed. .
- Playing the complex game of social status in school : a qualitative study, Global Health Action, 2020, Vol. 13, No. 1. Article : refereed. .
- A shorter breastfeeding duration in late preterm infants than term infants during the first year, Acta Paediatrica, 2020. Article : refereed. .
- Breastfeeding progression in late preterm infants from birth to one month., Maternal and Child Nutrition, 2020, Vol. 16, No. 1. Article : refereed. .
- The golden hour in Finnish birthing units - An ethnographic study, Midwifery, 2020, Vol. 89. Article : refereed. .