I am a Paediatric nurse, Professor in Paediatic Nursing, and employed as a Senior Lecturer at the School of Education, Health and Social Studies. I am the leader for the research centre Reproductive, Infant and Child Health (RICH) and I am the Director for Postgraduate Studies at Dalarna University. I completed my PhD in 2007 at the Department for Women’s and Children’s Health, Uppsala University, with the thesis Breastfeeding and Becoming a Mother – Influences and Experiences of Mothers of Preterm Infants. I did postdoctoral studies 2009-2010 at Maternal and Infant Nutrition and Nurture Unit (MAINN) at University of Central Lancashire, UK. In 2010-2014 I was the coordinator for the research network Separation and Closeness Experiences in the Neonatal Environment (SCENE), in which I am still in the Steering group. Main research areas: Breastfeeding/feeding and parenting in families with preterm infants focusing on emotional and relational aspects. Some of the current projects I am involved in concern: effects of support to families of preterm infants during and after hospitalization; experiences of emotional closeness in neonatal units; and adolescents’ health. I have six PhD students at present.
- Breastfeeding satisfaction post hospital discharge and associated factors - a longitudinal cohort study of mothers of preterm infants, International Breastfeeding Journal, 2021, Vol. 16, No. 1. Article : refereed. .
- Needs and perceptions relative to emotional support in parents with preterm infants, Journal of Perinatal & Neonatal Nursing, 2021. Article : refereed. .
- Associations Between Single-Family Room Care and Breastfeeding Rates in Preterm Infants, Journal of Human Lactation, 2020. Article : refereed. .
- Playing the complex game of social status in school : a qualitative study, Global Health Action, 2020, Vol. 13, No. 1. Article : refereed. .
- A shorter breastfeeding duration in late preterm infants than term infants during the first year, Acta Paediatrica, 2020. Article : refereed. .