Torsten Hylén got his Th.D. in the history of religions from Uppsala University in 2007. He has been working at Dalarna University since 1996, and is presently associate professor in religious studies.
His research mainly concerns the early history of Islam with an emphasis on the formative period of Shi`ism, but he has also written about theoretical issues within the history of religions and the didactics of religion.
<a href="http://du-se.academia.edu/TorstenHylen" id="academia-button">Follow me on Academia.edu</a>
- Emerging Patterns of Authority in Early Shiʿism : Mukhtar’s Use of the Aesthetics of Persuasion, Shii Studies Review, 2019, Vol. 3, 1-32. Article : refereed. .
- Mukhtār and the Mahdī : a critical inquiry into the sources, DIN - Tidsskrift for religion og kultur, 2018, No. 1, 138-157. Article : refereed. .
- Myth, ritual, and the early development of Shiite identity, Intellectual History of the Islamicate World, 2018, Vol. 6, No. 3. Article : refereed. .
- Att lägga rälsen medan man kör : En utvärdering av kunskapshusens arbete i fyra pilotkommuner - Örebro, Göteborg, Borlänge och Stockholm, Interkulturellt utvecklingscentrum Dalarna (IKUD), 2017. Report. .
- The Date of the Story of the Tawwābūn, Studia Islamica, 2017, Vol. 112, No. 2, 175-205. Article : refereed. .
African Studies: Islam and Islamic Societies in Africa (RK3037)
African Studies: Religion and Politics in African societies (AS2006)
African Studies: Religion and Politics in African Societies (AS3023)
Islam and Islamic Societies in Africa (ARK228)
Religious Studies II for Teacher Students (RK1063)