What personal data do we use?
For students, we use and process such personal data as name, personnummer (civic registration number), user ID, contact details, studies, study results and, in some cases, study support. We can also collect information about how our digital services are used (log-in, visited webpages, etc.) and also how computers and mobile phones are used to access our services (telephone number, ip address for the computer, web browser, etc.)
Legal Grounds for Processing
We process your personal data because we need to be able both to provide you with an education and to document your results in accordance with the law. We also require and use your personal data when making decisions about you as a student – a so-called exercise of public authority.
How do we acquire your personal data?
We acquire your personal date from universityadmissions.se, the population registry and from you yourself.
Who can access your personal data?
Besides employees at Dalarna University, other authoritative bodies can, in some cases, access your personal data. External suppliers of IT systems can, on occasion, access your personal data as well. In such cases, contracts will be in place to ensure correct and legal procedures are followed. On the occasion of transfer of data outside the EU/EEA, an adequate level of protection will be ensured.
The University is a government organisation that is covered by the principle of public access (offentlighetsprincipen). This means that personal data in public documents can be released upon request, after checks on confidentiality have been made.
How long do we save your personal data?
We save your personal data as long as we have a need to do so and as long as required by law and other regulations.
What rights do you have?
- You have the right to be informed about how we process and how we access your personal data.
- You have the right to have any incorrect personal data corrected.
- You can, in some cases, request that your personal data be deleted, that the use of it be limited or that it be moved (transfer of personal data).
- You have the right to object to your personal data being used for direct marketing. In some cases, you can also object to other forms of usage.
- You have the right to object to automated decision-making and profiling to the extent that this occurs.
- You have the right to rescind any consent.
- If you feel that we have broken the rules in our processing and handling of your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Swedish Data Inspection Office. They can then choose to run an inspection of Dalarna University.
- If you feel that you have suffered as a result of our not having followed the regulations in place for the processing of personal data, you can seek compensation.
Protected Personal Data
If you have any questions about how the University processes personal data, you can contact the Data Protection Officer: email@example.com. You can also call the switchboard to be directed to the Officer: 023-77 80 00.
Read more about the processing of personal data and the new data protection regulations on www.datainspektionen.se.