Research in the field of tourism and leisure is about analysing the development of tourism destinations, the marketing of destinations, the effects that events can have, tourism as a source of employment, and issues of mobility and sustainable development. Research focuses in particular on questions concerning the development of destinations and leisure opportunities in urban areas and small communities.
Research and Collaboration
The research that is being conducted in the fields of tourism and leisure involve the analysis of the development of tourist destinations, the marketing of destinations, the effects of events, tourism as a means of employment, and issues of mobility and sustainable development. In particular, research focuses on issues that deal with the development of destinations and tourism and leisure in rural settings.
Often our research is based on the challenges that face the industry at the regional level. Examples of studies that have been conducted are the collaboration with the Peace & Love music festival in Borlänge, Classic Car Week in Rättvik and Svenska Skidspelen in Falun, all of which are located in the province of Dalarna, Sweden. In each example, we studied the economic effects, the experiences of visitors and tourists, and the reasons that volunteers chose to be involved.
Current CeTLeR Research Projects
- Sustainable Tourism Employment in Sweden
- Forest-Based Experiences in Sweden and Norway
- Entrepreneurial Behaviour in Micro-Tourism Firms in Rural Areas
- Resource Extraction and Sustainable Arctic Communities
- The Cultural Heritage of the Mining Industry as a Resource for Sustainable Societies: Lessons for Sweden from the Arctic
- E-CUL-TOURS: Managing Cultural Heritage in Tourism
- Development and Evaluation of Events
- Extended Economic Model for the Horse Industry
See our completed projects in our Project Database.
Here you can find a list of our publications.
CeTLeR is financed jointly by Dalarna University, Region Dalarna and the EU.