Tarja Alatalo is University Lecturer in the Department of Education,Dalarna University. Upon completion of her compulsory school teacher educationat the University College of Gävle in 1998, sheworked as a teacher in grades F-3. She also taught in grade 5 and was a specialeducator in grades 3-4. Tarja received her Bachelor’s Degree in Education in 2002and her Master’s Degree in Education in 2005 from Dalarna University. She wasawarded her Doctor of Education from the University of Gothenburg in 2011. Her dissertation Skicklig läs- och skrivundervisning i åk 1-3: omlärares möjligheter och hinder [ProficientReading and Writing Instruction in Grades 1-3: Teachers’ Opportunities andObstacles] is based on an interview study with eight teachersand a survey with 300 contributing teachers.
Since defending her dissertation, Tarja Alatalo hasworked as researcher and teacher educator at Dalarna University. Her research iswithin the field of reading and writing instruction in preschool, preschoolclass and the earlier grades of compulsory school.Normal 0 21 false false false SV ZH-CN AR-SA
Förskollärares uppfattningar om högläsningens potential som skriftspråksutvecklande pedagogik
The importance of teacher competence for student school performance: Effective and equitable teaching in Swedish and Mathematics
To read or not to read. A study of reading practices in compulsory school
Undervisning och lärande i förskoleklass
- Preschool teachers’ perceptions about read-alouds as a means to support children’s early literacy and language development, Journal of Early Childhood Literacy, 2019. Article : refereed. .
- Characteristics of Teacher Competence: Trends over Time and Between Student Groups in the Swedish Compulsory School, 2018. Conference paper : refereed. .
- Amount of text read at school and the motivation for reading : a large scale study in grade 6 and 9, 2018. Conference paper : refereed. .
- Livet i Bokstavslandet : Lärarhandledning åk 1, Liber, 2018. Book. .
- Språkstimulans och skrivundervisning i förskoleklass, Skolverket, 2018. .