I am a senior lecturer in Human Geography. Assistant head of subject responsible for Tourism studies and Human Geography. And teach mainly in Tourism studies.
Within CeTLeR - Center for Tourism and Leisure Research, I am the assistant leader and work mainly with external relations and collaboration between academia and the tourism and hospitality industry. For more info please see: www.du.se/cetler
My research is primarily focused on the tourism labor market, tourism-related migration and tourism development and its significance for the countryside.
During the years 2008-2015 I was a doctoral student enrolled in Human Geography at Örebro University. My dissertation "Moved by the Mountains - migration into tourism dominated rural areas" discussed regional development linked to tourism where I studied in-migration to mountain tourism resorts in Sweden (Dalarna) and New Zealand (Otago). The focus were on motives for relocation its connections to the tourism industry as a labor market. My studies were both quantitative and qualitative.
I am currently the project manager for the research project "No room for Trafficking - hotel employees' strategies for addressing and counteracting prostitution and sex trafficking". I am also part of the research projects MARA and Miranda, which study sustainable mobility solutions and infrastructure planning in rural areas hosting larger tourism destinations.
"No room for Trafficking" - hotel employees' strategies for addressing and counteracting prostitution and sex trafficking
MARA - Mobility and Accessibility in Rural Areas - New approaches for developing mobility concepts in remote areas
Micro-based decision support for analyzing tourism and infrastructure investments
Omstruktureringar i besöksnäringen i spåren av covid-19: konsekvenser för individer och arbetsmiljöer
- Sharing is caring? : Hosts discussions on sex trafficking in AirBnB accommodation, Anatolia, 2021. Article : refereed. .
- Tourism, Seasonality and the Attraction of Youths, Part of: Dipping in to the North, Palgrave Macmillan, 2020. Chapter of book. .
- Career paths and mobility in the Swedish hospitality sector., Tourism Geographies, 2017, Vol. 20, No. 1, 29-48. Article : refereed. .
- Community formation and sense of place : Seasonal tourism workers in rural Sweden, Population, Space and Place, 2017, Vol. 23, No. 3. Article : refereed. .
- Lifestyle Mobilities : The Crossroads of Travel, Leisure and Migration, Mobilities, 2015, Vol. 10, No. 1, 155-172. Article : refereed. .