Torun Reite, is a sociolinguist and an economist and holds a PhD in Romance Studies from Stockholm University with a specialisation in Portuguese. Moreover, she holds a MSc in Economics and Business Administration from the Norwegian School of Economics (NHH).
Since January 1st 2021 she is a senior lecturer at Dalarna University in the Department for Language, Literature and Learning, while at the same time continuing her career as a political and economic governance analyst at Scanteam Analysts and Advisors with assignments within applied research and policy advice. She engages in several strands of research mostly positioned at the intersection between the social sciences and the humanities: Youth and counterhegemonic discourses, Language and Spatiality, Language and Political Economy, Decoloniality and multilingual and multicultural discourses.Most of her research as a sociolinguist is positioned within Critical sociolinguistics.
Geographically, Reite has a special interest for Sub-Saharan Africa and, in particular, the former colonies of Portugal including Timor-Leste, Cabo Verde, Sao Tome and Principe, Mozambique and Angola. She is currently part of a research capacity development program involving several universities and research institutes in Angola.
- From racial to linguistic social divisions : Coloniality in contemporary Maputo, Journal of Sociolinguistics, 2021, Vol. 25, 198-216. Artikel : refereegranskat. .
- Fluid Multilingual Practices among Youth in Cameroon and Mozambique, Ingår i: Oxford Handbooks Online, Oxford University Press, 2020. Kapitel av bok. .
- Language and spatiality in urban Mozambique : Ex-colonial language spread “from below”, Journal of Postcolonial Linguistics, 2020, Vol. 2, 46-66. Artikel : refereegranskat. .
- Discursos fronteiriços de jovens moçambicanos : A linguagem, as ideologias e as subjetividades na colonialidade contemporânea, Department of Romance Studies and Classics, Stockholm University, 2019. Doktorsavhandling. .
- Não pode dzi kwela chapa. Bourdieuan social distinctions in Mozambican postcolonial nation-building, 2019. Manuskript. .
Portugisiska: Grammatik och skriftlig språkfärdighet I (PR1023)
Portugisiska: Grammatik och skriftlig språkfärdighet II (PR1024)
Portugisiska: Praktiskt och kreativt skrivande (PR2001)
Portugisiska: Språklig variation och förändring (PR2003)