Liivi Jakobson is a university lecturer in Swedish as Second Language at Dalarna University, Sweden. She obtained a doctorate in Swedish as a Second Language in March 2019 from the University of Gothenburg, Sweden with the thesis “Teacher-written Feedback for Adult Beginners in Swedish as a Second Language: Theoretical Perspectives, Feedback Practices, Student and Teacher Perceptions.” She is a teacher educator and researches feedback in second language contexts for adult language learners.
Liivi Jakobson has an MA in Swedish as a Second language from the University of Gothenburg as well as a BA with a major in Swedish as Second Language from Dalarna University. Further to this, she has an MA of Education for the Upper Secondary School in German and English. Her first academic degree is in Roman-German philology (German), literature and language teaching from Tartu University, Estonia.
Liivi has been teaching foreign languages in the physical classroom to students from various different countries and demographic backgrounds for over 30 years. She has been responsible for Swedish as a Second/Foreign Language courses to guest and exchange students at Dalarna University. Since 2008, she has planned, designed, developed, delivered and evaluated web-based language courses and is developing new methods and course materials for language teaching in web-based language learning environment. Liivi has also been involved in several projects such as Nordplus (Dalarna University, Oulu University of Applied Sciences, Tallinn University) and Learning Swedish with the Swedish Institute.
- Skriftlig lärarrespons för vuxna nybörjare i svenska som andraspråk : teoretiska perspektiv, responspraktik och uppfattningar, Göteborgs universitet, 2019. Doktorsavhandling. .
- Lärares uppfattningar om responsfokus och responssätt för vuxna nybörjarstuderandes texter i svenska som andraspråk, Nordand, 2019, Vol. 3, No. 1, 25-47. Artikel : refereegranskat. .
- Teachers’ written feedback practices and their beliefs in a course of Swedish as a second language for adult beginners, 2019. Konferensbidrag : refereegranskat. .
- Review of Bitchener, John & Neomy Storch (2016) Written corrective feedback for L2 development, 2018. .
- Teacher written feedback on adult beginners' writing in a second language : Research gaps and theoretical perspectives, ITL - International Journal Of Applied Linguistics, 2018, Vol. 169, No. 2, 235-261. Artikel : refereegranskat. .