Liivi Jakobson is a senior lecturer in Swedish as a Second Language at Dalarna University, Sweden. She obtained a doctorate in Swedish as a Second Language in 2019 from the University of Gothenburg with the thesis “Teacher-written Feedback for Adult Beginners in Swedish as a Second Language: Theoretical Perspectives, Feedback Practices, Student and Teacher Perceptions.” She is a teacher-educator and researches feedback in second language contexts for adult language learners.
Liivi Jakobson has an MA in Swedish as a Second language from the University of Gothenburg as well as a BA with a major in Swedish as a Second Language from Dalarna University. In addition to this, she has an MA in Education for Upper Secondary School in German and English. Her first academic degree is in Roman-German philology (German), literature and language teaching from Tartu University, Estonia.
Liivi has been teaching foreign languages in classrooms to students from various different countries and demographic backgrounds for over 30 years. She has been responsible for Swedish as a Second/Foreign Language courses to university students and staff, as well as exchange students at Dalarna University. Since 2008, she has planned, designed, developed, delivered and evaluated web-based language courses and is developing new methods and course materials for language teaching in a web-based, language learning environment. Liivi has also been involved in several projects such as Nordplus (Dalarna University, Oulu University of Applied Sciences, Tallinn University) and Learning Swedish (both past and present) with the Swedish Institute.
- Vuxna nybörjarstuderandes uppfattningar om skriftlig lärarrespons på skrivande i svenska som andraspråk, Educare - Vetenskapliga skrifter, 2020, No. 4, 1-32. Artikel : refereegranskat. .
- Skriftlig lärarrespons för vuxna nybörjare i svenska som andraspråk : teoretiska perspektiv, responspraktik och uppfattningar, Göteborgs universitet, 2019. Doktorsavhandling. .
- Lärares uppfattningar om responsfokus och responssätt för vuxna nybörjarstuderandes texter i svenska som andraspråk, Nordand, 2019, Vol. 3, No. 1, 25-47. Artikel : refereegranskat. .
- Teachers’ written feedback practices and their beliefs in a course of Swedish as a second language for adult beginners, 2019. Konferensbidrag : refereegranskat. .
- Gaining new understanding in teacher written feedback for adult L2 beginners : Towards intersubjectivity in the light of the “fusion of horizons”, 2019. Konferensbidrag : refereegranskat. .