As a Chinese language instructor with more than 10 years of experience, I have focused my research on innovative and creative pedagogies to improve both teaching and learning in Internet-based Chinese as a foreign language education.
Due to the rapid globalization in the 21st century, new perspectives are needed to integrate intercultural competence in foreign language education. With a response to this challenge, I have conducted action research in a virtual classroom setting in the past 4 years. My PhD dissertation explored how the cross-cultural differences between China and the West affect language acquisition and how student intercultural communicative competence can be developed by emphasizing intercultural communication content in an actual Chinese language course at DU. Future research will focus on new approaches for enhancing cross-cultural proficiency in Chinese foreign language education.
- Flipping the Classroom – Integrating Intercultural Communication Competence into a Chinese Foreign Language Course, 2018. Konferensbidrag : refereegranskat. .
- Charlotte Lindgren intervjuar Wei Hing Rosenkvist och Solveig Malmsten inför Grammatikdagen 2017 vid Högskolan Dalarna, Högskolan Dalarna, 2017. .
- Enhancing Intercultural Communication in Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language : An Action Research Study, 2016. Konferensbidrag : refereegranskat. .
- Role of Culture in the Acquisition of CSL – From the Perspective of Intercultural Communication Competence, The 21st International Conference of the International Association for Intercultural Communication Studies (IAICS) cum The 11th Biennual International Conference of the China Association for Intercultural Communication (CAFIC) : 2015. Konferensbidrag : refereegranskat. .
- Enhancing intercultural communication in teaching chinese as a foreign language : An action research study, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, 2015. Doktorsavhandling. .