Why is the construction work necessary?
The current ventilation system and the technical capacity of the buildings are in need of modernisation and modification as they are not performing at an optimal level.
In conjunction with the replacement of the ventilation system, other renovations will be carried out on walls, floors and ceilings. LED lighting will be installed and interior details will be updated.
There will also be changes to the floorplan in Hus A so that we can meet the current needs for seminar rooms, group rooms and classrooms.
Classrooms that will be available while the construction work is underway are located in the buildings called Paviljongen (at Lugnet gymnasiet) and Lugnetkyrkan (the building beside campus).
There are a few group rooms and conference rooms in the buildings Hyttan and Språkhuset, which is the new office building in the carpark.
- General Overview of Campus Falun (pdf)
- Hyttan (pdf)
- Lugnetkyrkan (pdf)
- Milan (Tennishallen) (pdf)
- Språkhuset (pdf)
- Paviljongen (pdf)
A new staff room will be constructed.
From July 1, 2019, Hus A will be closed to employees and students, with the exception of certain areas:
- The Reception and the Help Desk, as well as the hallway between the library and Ljusgården (the central zone of the campus building), will remain open.
- The student dining area in the basement will remain open.
- The classroom (streaming) A046 will remain open. You can reach A046 via the student dining area in the basement and via the stairway A2 from Ljusgården, the central zone of the campus building.
The construction zone will be clearly marked and closed off. Some areas, including the A2 area, will be shared by students, construction workers, teachers and other university staff members.
If you experience any issues or have questions related to the construction work, you can contact the Property and Facilities Management Office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.