On completion of the course, students should be able to:
- read and use around 600 common Chinese characters
- master around 800 common Chinese words (character-compounds)
- express simple ideas using Chinese in speech and writing
- use Chinese in simple conversations about daily life and study.
This course is primarily designed to provide plenty of self-paced language training to beginner students, which includes listening, reading, writing and vocabulary exercises. Supervision and consultation is provided throughout the course.
Continous assessment through exercises/assignments, quizzes and final exams.
Forms of Study
Chinese is used as the language of tuition, with English or Swedish as support languages. Students’ progress will be evaluated in the form of online activities and short quizzes.
The Swedish grades U - VG
- General entrance requirements (including English B/English 6 at Swedish upper secondary school) or equivalent knowledge. No knowledge of Swedish is required.