On completion of the course, students will, in French, be able to:
- explain the concept of “la francophonie“ and its significance
- describe the geographical aspects and features of France and the French-speaking world
- explain and discuss events and aspects of the history of France and the French-speaking world from 1945 until today
- describe and discuss some important aspects of culture and politics in contemporary society in France and the French-speaking world.
The course includes a study of geography, history and society in France and the French-speaking world. Some aspects of cultural and social conditions in France and the French-speaking world are covered. The concept “la francophonie“ is analysed and discussed.
Continuous assessment through active participation in seminars, written assignments and oral presentations.
Forms of Study
Teaching is conducted through lectures and obligatory seminars in which students shall participate actively. Instruction is in French.
To achieve the grade of VG for the whole course, VG is required in module 2.
Reporting of grades:
Module 1: Oral presentation - 3 cr
Module 2: Written presentation - 4.5 cr
- Field-specific entry requirements 2/A2 or equivalent knowledge
- No knowledge of Swedish is required.