The course objective is that students develop a deeper knowledge of spoken French, and its variants in terms of pronunciation, syntax and vocabulary. The course is also aimed at the students developing knowledge of Swedish French students‘ ability to understand spoken French.
Upon completion of the course the student will be able to:
- give an in-depth explanation of the modern spoken French language and its variants
- demonstrate good knowledge of spoken French advocacy syntax, phonetics and phonology
- analyze various genres of spoken French
- describe the most common problems that Swedish learners of French have in the perception of spoken French and to describe and explain why these problems occur.
The course includes advanced studies in French parlance. In the course modern spoken French is looked at and analyzed from a syntactic, phonetic and sociolinguistic perspective. The course also includes varied exercises to understand spoken French as well as a review of common problems of Swedish French students when it comes to understanding spoken French.
The course is assessed through written assignments, active participation in seminars and oral presentations.
Forms of Study
Learning activities are lectures and seminars in which students are expected to participate actively.
- 90 credits in French at First cycle, including 30 credits at First cycle level 2, and 30 credits in French at Second cycle or equivalent knowledge