On completion of the course the student will be able to:
- demonstrate a thorough knowledge and understanding of a selection of contemporary literary works from the English-speaking world through a theoretical as well as cultural and historical perspective
- show a good knowledge of modern and postmodern literary and cultural theory by describing the main trends of literary criticism from liberal humanism to ecocriticism.
- independently and critically analyze and interpret the literary texts in light of these theories
- orally and in writing communicate and argue for his or her own interpretations of the literary as well as critical and theoretical texts, in clear, correct and appropriate academic English.
Forms of Study
- 90 credits in the subject of English, of which 30 credits on Undergraduate level 2, or equivalent knowledge.
The course was part of the Main field of English until 2015-08-01.
2007-07-13 (change in literature)
2009-10-15 (change in literature, addition in Assessment)
2014-04-03 (Main field added)
2015-11-03 (Main field removed)
2016-05-26 (Literature list removed)