Please read the following information before you apply to your courses.
- You apply for courses one semester at a time. If your exchange period is longer than one semester, you will apply for the second semester when you are in Sweden.
- If you need a Swedish residence permit, you must take campus courses totalling 30 credits per semester.
- If you need a residence permit for two semesters, contact support and request a Letter of Acceptance for two semesters: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students nominated for the autumn semester apply from March 15th to April 15th.
- Students nominated for the spring semester apply from September 15th to October 15th.
Late applications are accepted, the application site will not close.
Prepare and Upload Documents
You need to upload the following documents when you submit your application:
- Transcript of records from completed and ongoing University studies - in the original language as well as officially translated into English.
- Official nomination letter from your home University.
- Copy of ID (with photograph, name and birthdate).
- Students applying for a language course also need to upload their upper-secondary qualifications.
Course Choice: Checklist
When choosing your courses, check:
- The location - Campus Falun or Campus Borlänge (the word "flexible" means netbased/online).
- The start week, to avoid clashes between courses.
- The course level, first cycle (bachelor) or second cycle (masters) as described in the syllabus.
- Your eligibility - click on the course link to access the course syllabus where you find the entry qualifications.
Full-time studies equal 30 credits per semester. You may register for a maximum of 37.5 credits per semester.
Notification of Selection Results
When you apply before the deadline, a Notification of Selection Results, including a note of your acceptance to exchange studies, will show in your universityadmissions.se account around mid-May for the autumn semester and mid-November for the spring semester.
Late applications are ranked according to the date they arrive, provided they are complete. You will be informed on an ongoing basis as to your status in your universityadmissions.se account - that is to say, as soon as we have processed your application.
Apply for Your Courses
Now that you have read through the above, you are ready to apply for your courses.
- Choose your semester in the clickable "Semester" button.
- You can then choose to view courses in all subjects or decide to view courses in one specific subject.
- You can choose to view courses that start during the first half of the semester or during the second half of the semester.
- A dropdown menu will appear showing Course Packages and Courses.
- Choose the courses you are interested in by clicking on the “Add to cart” button.
- When finished selecting, in cart (Selections) click on the “Apply” button. This will take you to the central universityadmissions.se webpage.
- Create an account or log into your existing account.
- Upload the documents as listed above to your universityadmissions.se account.
Follow the instructions on universityadmissions.se. Please note that the default value before your application has been assessed is "unqualified".
The first admission letters, "Notification of Results", will be published on 9th November 2022. Thereafter notification of results are published regularly.