Before you apply to our courses from this webpage, read the following so that you understand what you need to do and have some basic facts about the process.
- You apply for courses one semester at a time. If your exchange period is for more than one semester, you will apply for courses for the second semester when you are in Sweden.
- If you require a Swedish residence permit, you must take campus courses totalling 30 credits per semester.
- If you require a residence permit for two semesters, contact the International Office and request a Letter of Acceptance for two semesters: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students nominated for the autumn semester apply from March 15 to April 15.
- Students nominated for the spring semester apply from Sep. 15 to Oct. 15.
Late applications are accepted.
Prepare and Upload Documents
You need to upload the following documents when you make your application, so be sure to have them ready (your application will be considered incomplete if they are not included):
- Qualifications from upper-secondary school
- Transcript of records from your home university
- Nomination letter from your home university
- Copy of ID (with photograph, name and birthdate)
- Proof of Swedish language proficiency: for courses taught in Swedish
Your home university guarantees that you have sufficient English language proficiency skills. No documentation is required; however, your English should be equivalent to B2-level, European Standard (CEFR). Contact the International office at your home university for guidance.
Course Choice: Checklist
When choosing your courses, check:
- the language of instruction
- the location - Campus Falun or Campus Borlänge (the word "flexible" means netbased/online)
- the semester when the course will be taught
- your eligibility (to see this, click on the course link to access the course syllabus)
- Full-time studies = 30 credits/semester. You may register for a maximum of 37.5 credits per semester. You can choose a course package and combine with a single course, or create your own combination of single courses
Apply for Your Courses
Now that you have read through the above, you are ready to apply for your courses.
- First choose your semester in the clickable "Semester" button at the end of this list.
- A dropdown menu will appear showing Course Packages and Courses.
- Choose the course package/course you are interested in and click on the blue "Apply" button.
- This will take you to the central universityadmissions.se webpage.
- Either create an account or log into your exisiting account (if you have already created one).
- Apply there to the course package/course.
- You must then return to this webpage and repeat the above for each course.
- Upload the documents as listed above to your universityadmissions.se account.
- You have now applied to your courses.
Notification of Selection Results
When you apply before the deadline, a Notification of Selection Results, including a note of your acceptance to exchange studies, will show in your universityadmissions.se account around mid-May for the autumn semester and mid-November for the spring semester.
Late applications are ranked according to the date they arrive, provided they are complete. You will be informed on an ongoing basis as to your status in your universityadmissions.se account - that is to say, as soon as we have processed your application.