The following information applies to non-EU/EEA citizens unless you are applying to Dalarna University through an approved exchange programme.
Dalarna University does not send tuition-fee invoices and there is no official deadline to pay the tuition-fee. However the Migration Agency will not process your residence permit application until you pay the required tuition-fee. You also are not able to register for courses until the tuition fee is paid.
Are you required to pay an application fee and tuition fee?
First you need to establish if you have to pay fees to study at Dalarna University.
If you are not a citizen of an EU/EEA country or Switzerland, you must pay application and tuition fees to study in Sweden unless one of these conditions listed on universityadmissions.se applies to you.
Why are some students required to pay a fee?
The Swedish government ordinance (2010:543) mandates that a person who is not a citizen of an EU/EEA country or Switzerland, must pay tuition fees for studying at a higher education institution in Sweden.
How much are the fees?
The application fee for an individual who is not a citizen of an EU or EEA country and who is not currently living in Sweden is 900 SEK per semester. You pay the fee once for each semester to which you apply, regardless of how many courses or programmes you apply to study
Tuition fees vary for individual courses, course packages and degree programmes; Tuition fees are listed on the course/programme information on the Dalarna University website. The cost of one-semester full-time studies (30 credits) at Dalarna University is usually between 43 500 and 71 000 SEK.
- If you are a student who has been admitted to a degree programme of more than 30 credits, you need only pay tuition fees for one semester of full-time studies at a time.
- You will pay extra for any courses that are not part of your programme.
- If you do not complete a course, you may do so at a later date without having to pay additional fees.
- If Dalarna University approves a transfer of credits, this does not automatically mean that you are entitled to a reduced tuition fee for your programme.
- If you are awarded a scholarship (tuition-fee waiver) by Dalarna University, its value will be deducted from the fee.
When must you pay?
You must pay your application fee by the deadline for submitting supporting documents. If you pay after this date, your application will be considered late, and this could affect your admission chances.
New students must pay tuition fees before you can receive a residence permit to live and study in Sweden. Also note that your admission to Dalarna University is conditional until you have paid your tuition fees in full. Continuing students need to pay the tuition fee at least one week before the start of the semester so that their registration can be confirmed.
How do you pay your application fee/tuition fees?
The easiest way to pay your application fee is with a Mastercard/Visa from your universityadmissions.se account. You can also use a bank transfer.
If you have been admitted and are required to pay fees, you should follow the instructions to submit a payment online via the payment service "Flywire".
What costs do tuition fees cover?
They cover the full cost of study: instruction, lectures, examinations, course and examination certificates. Tuition fees also cover support services such as study counseling, administrative support, and all mandatory study visits off-campus which are a part of your studies. They do not include course literature, accommodation or living expenses.
The Swedish Migration Agency and Proof of Payment: Tuition Fees
When Dalarna University receives confirmation from Flywire that you have paid your tuition fees in full, an electronic notification of payment is sent to the Swedish Migration Agency. You do not need to send any additional proof to the Swedish Migration Agency that you have paid your tuition fees.
Dalarna University must provide the following details to the Swedish Migration Agency:
- A list of students who must pay tuition fees, and who have been admitted to and have paid tuition fees for programmes/ courses.
- A list of students who have been admitted and who have paid tuition fees but who have not registered in a programme/courses after the final date for registration.
- A list of students who appear to have dropped out of studies after the final date for registration.
Questions regarding tuition fees
Please send your questions about fees and payment to email@example.com.